Impact Manager 2 (Remote)
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
This position is responsible for managing all impacts associated with change created by or for the business in support of the department's strategic vision and goals. Analyzes changes and assesses resulting impacts to the department. Ensures department is adequately prepared to accept changes. Takes lead role in representing department for assigned business processes, applications, projects and initiatives through interface with other functional units across the business, ensuring the department's interests and needs are known and accommodated. Communicates relevant information to management team and solicits input and feedback regarding upcoming changes. Engages the appropriate resources to partner on solutions and recommendations. Takes lead role in planning and executing process, technology and systems initiatives impacting assigned business units and functions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Drives internally generated change initiatives focused on increasing the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department. Designs solutions and changes to current roles, processes, procedures, training and systems. Facilitates cross-functional teams and negotiations that result in workable solutions for the department and its customers.
ETERNAL CHANGES: Represents department in projects and initiatives that will bring about change to the department. Engages subject matter experts and relevant process owners to assess impact of change. Identifies risks associated with change and develops appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Develops departmental requirements and articulates requirements to source of change. Recognizes, resolves and/or escalates potential issues and challenges.
CHANGE READINESS: Takes lead role to ensure that the department is prepared to accept changes. Translates the needs of Enrollment Communications into clear vision and clearly communicates goals with measurable objectives. Takes into account the needs of customers and stakeholders in order to influence and communicate change for organizational effectiveness. Engages the appropriate resources, including management, to plan and execute effective implementation of change. Responsible for internal and external communication of changes and provides post-change support to the department.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required.
2. Experience: 10 years progressive experience in a business environment; management experience highly desired, or the equivalent combination education/experience.
3. Leads and drives the work of others with minimal direction or supervision.
4. Strong interpersonal communication skills: ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization: stakeholder management
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with respect to business process design, technology solutions and application of operational and financial data
6. Demonstrated success managing stakeholders, change initiatives and applying process improvement methods in a team based work environment
7. Understanding of project management methodologies, system development life cycle and change management techniques
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard’s package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
$80,700.00 - $122,100.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?